Smartphones have revolutionized our lives very positively but they also pose new challenges to our daily habits and lifestyle that directly affect the youngest members of the household. Kids are accessing technology at increasingly younger ages which means that our children are exposed to all sorts of dangers and contents that aren’t suitable for their age group. That’s why we need to keep a strict control of how they use their devices by means of tools that keep things pretty straightforward. We want to create kids that use technology responsibly, not addicts to backlit screens.
FamiSafe is a complete Android app that offers us everything that any of us parents could need to let our kids use a smartphone without worries. To start off, it warns us and protects them against bullying at school by means of monitoring key offensive language in messages and conversations. On the other hand, it includes an advanced content filter to block erotic and pornographic contents, and finally, it also comes along with tools to block contents related to gambling, betting, and casinos which may lead to addictions. Three mainstays with one idea in mind: to prevent kids from being slaves of their cellphones and addicted to their usage which, unfortunately, is a growing trend at present.
Main features of FamiSafe
- It detects offensive language in text messages sent by WhatsApp, SMS, Messenger, and other instant messaging apps. You can add your own words to the database.
- Get to know where your kid is at any moment thanks to its real-time location functions. Check the history of places visited and create alerts just in case he or she crosses certain geographical limits.
- Control the usage of apps and block them if necessary. Prevent your kids from becoming addicted to certain applications, avoiding their access during certain periods of time. You’ll be able to check how much time they spend on each app whenever you want.
- Avoid access to restricted web pages. You can add any other URL you wish to block to a huge database with inappropriate material.
- Calculate how much time they spend in front of their screen and set certain limits which can be perfect for those times of the day when they shouldn’t be using their phones such as lunchtime or resting hours.
How to configure and use FamiSafe
In the first place, you have to download and install the app on your phone, and then also on your kid’s phone. You’ll then have to sign up and adjust several settings on the apps installed. You’ll simply have to sync both apps using the same user account to start the parental control process.
This app is an ideal tool to control the movements of your kids but it shouldn’t be used lightly. The most important thing is to encourage swift communications between parents and kids so that they can both understand the relevance of an app of this nature. It should never be considered a spy app but instead, an accessory to guarantee the security and ease of families.