This is a tool to scan networks that has plenty of experience on Windows but that due to the proliferation of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, especially iOS and Android, now also comes along in a mobile version. So if you're a network manager and you need to scan a network to discover what devices are connected to the latter and map them, you can download Fing for iPhone.
Network diagnosis tool
Forget about all those applications that describe themselves as network auditors and that really only want to offer you the password to your neighbor's WiFi network because Fing - Network Scanner really does diagnose networks. In fact, it's a very useful tool for when it comes to solving any network problem that contributes towards improving the performance of the LAN we want to scan.
It includes over twelve network functions that make it essential for any administrator.
These are its main features and functions:
- WiFi/LAN network capable of discovering all connected devices.
- Find out thorough details about the devices such as their IP and MAC addresses, name, manufacturer o model, among other data.
- Advanced analysis of names, properties, and types of devices.
- Inventories of devices and networks.
- Internet connectivity verifier.
- ISP analysis and location.
- Subnet scanner.
- TCP port scanner.
- Ping to measure the network quality.
- Search for DNS and carry out reverse searches.
- Detection of intruders.
- Monitor connected devices.
It's a complete tool that also offers us a visually attractive user interface, much better than the PC version that's simply a command line, with all the information necessary arranged in a graphical layout.