Carry out benchmarks, screen captures or videos of your favorite games
FRAPS, as we can deduce from its name (FRAmes Per Second), is an application that allows the user to measure the number of images per second that we obtain when we run a game, whether it uses OpenGL or DirectX.
Thus, this application when running shows the frames per second (fps) of the video game that we are playing in the corner of the screen of our choice, allowing us for example, to measure the rate of images between two points or to perform customized benchmarks. After that, we will be able to store the information to check it whenever we want.
The application's interface shows us all the options that we can configure distributed in four tabs:
- General, that includes the applications general configuration, like, for example, starting up minimized with wood.
- FPS, that contains the adjustments to measure the frames per second like for example, the length of the benchmark.
- Movies, with the options that are available to record video.
- Screenshots, with the settings necessary to perform the screenshots.
Requirements and additional information:
- This download requires that you have DirectX 9.0c or DirectX 10 installed.
- The trial version has certain limitations.
Hi, I’m Lauriane Guilloux. I grew up surrounded by gadgets and technology and everyone who knows me assumes that it will always be one of my greatest interests. I’ve evolved hand-in-hand with PCs, laptops, video gaming consoles, smartphones,...