WhatsApp is the most used in instant messaging and chat app in the world, way ahead of others of the likes of LINE, Facebook Messenger or Telegram. But that doesn't mean that it's better or that it fulfills its users' expectations hastily... in fact, we've always got the impression that it falls behind the innovations and improvements implemented by other apps in the same category.
More functions for WhatsApp Messenger for Android
But luckily enough, there are developers willing to launch their own enhanced versions of this application and without consent on behalf of the official app. Thus, we can come across tools of the likes of WhatsApp Plus, GBWhatsApp, YOWhatsApp or OGWhatsApp, to name just a few, expanding the functions and features of the messaging and chat app that now belongs to Facebook.
And that's also what GioWhatsApp does, a development that follows suit to the above-mentioned MODs in order to implement a bunch of decent improvements to expand and extend in different aspects the possibilities offered by this app for Android smartphones.
The following are the most noteworthy features that we can make use of once we download this APK of this MOD:
- New privacy configuration so that the user can control aspects such as who can see him online and who can't or the possibility to disable the blue double check... and all the latter, whilst we can still snoop on our contacts.
- Possibility to hide buttons such as the ones to make calls or record voice messages.
- Possibility to copy the status of our contacts by simply tapping on it.
- New functions to make backups and restore and reboot the app.
- Anti-ban protection.
- Removal of the dialog about the app's updates.
- Possibility to customize the application's interface changing the font type and size, its colors, and even making it transparent.
If you were wondering about how to install GioWhatsApp on your Android phone, you simply have to follow these steps:
- Step 1: after downloading the APK file from Malavida, make a backup of your WhatsApp conversations.
- Step 2: now uninstall the original application.
- Step 3: it's time to proceed to install the new APK on your device.
- Step 4: access GioWA and after registering your number, restore the chats with your contacts.
The reason why we have to uninstall the official version is that Android detects the second app as a duplicate because it has been developed using the same app as a basis and without permission.
What's new in the latest version
These are the main updates added to the latest version of the application:
- Version of the app based on WhatsApp 2.18.327.
- Enables stickers.
- Enables group calls.
- New swipe to reply function.
- Correction of errors.