The French video game studio Gameloft, in charge of titles as popular as Assassin's Creed or Prince of Persia, is back at it launching a new free game for mobile devices that promises to be a real hit this Christmas and one of best games of 2016.
Gods of Rome is a PvP combat game, the playability of which can remind us of titles such as Mortal Kombat or Marvel Contest of Champions. But this time around, we obviously won't play Johnny Cage or Iron Man, but real warriors from the ancient world, including Prometheus, Spartacus, Vulcanus, Medusa, Zeus or Atlas.
The gods need your help.
With the latter three characters, that fit in better into Greek mythology rather than Roman, one has to ask himself whether the name of the game isn't inappropriate or if Gameloft should hire a historian the next time they develop a video game. In any case, let's hope this tiny historical mistake doesn't set anyone back when it comes to playing Gods of Rome on iOS devices.
How to play Gods of Rome on iPad and iPhone
It seems like an evil force, a dark demon called Tenebrous, has captured the souls of the best fighters, warriors, gods and monsters of Ancient times to force them to fight between them seeking their freedom. And that's where you come in, taking on the role of these legendary fighters in their mission to save their spirits.
Fight to become a legend.
That's why the player well set out on an epic adventure around different settings belonging to the Roman and Greek mythology, facing each other in individual battles against other warriors, against who they'll have to unleash all their anger and power through different deadly attacks.
- PvP battles (one on one) between mythological beings.
- Three-dimensional graphics.
- Ancient settings: travel from Mount Olympus to Pompeya, without forgetting about the Colosseum.
- Join the Ascenders Join the Ascenders to invoke, improve and manage monsters and gods.
- Daily challenges with surprise awards and prizes.
- Very intuitive touch controls based on swiping and tapping the screen.
- Possibility to purchase improvements for your fighter and repair his damage with potions.