On-demand video and movie platforms have become very popular thanks to services of the likes of Netflix and HBO, which have taken high-quality movies and series to many users, both via computers and on Android and iOS smartphones, as well as smartTVs.
Google offers us a similar service as it has its own platform to rent movies (and TV shows in certain countries). It goes by the name of Google Play Movies & TV and it comes along with a huge film catalog that you can explore and rent. Each movie has its own price and once you pay, you'll have the contents available for a certain period of time.
Google's online video store
But it's not all about being an online video store because it also offers us access to the Google Play Movies shop. In other words, not only can you rent them but also buy them to be able to watch them as many times as you want.
The classic video rental system applied to the world of Internet.
And now that you know what this app is for, you should find out about the main features and functions of this service:
- Wide range of movies ready to be rented. In some countries, you can also access TV series.
- Access to the movie store where you can buy and download films.
- Enjoy watching the films in high-quality such as HD and 4K.
- Create your own wishlist to always remember what films you want to watch.
- Play movies in their original languages or dubbed into different languages.
- Play the contents on other devices thanks to Chromecast.
How Google Play Movies works
How this application works isn't too complicated. You only have to download and install the APK to start making the most of its catalog. However, to be able to rent or purchase movies, you need to configure a payment method on Google Play. In other words, it's similar to the process of purchasing applications.