The best alternative store for Android games MODs
HappyMod, the alternative to Google Play with thousands of modified and patched apps
Those looking for modified or patched alternatives to the apps offered on the official Android store (Google Play) will love HappyMod APK. This platform contains thousands of apps modified by third-party developers to offer functions and features not available in their official versions. And it does so through an app with an interface similar to a store, in which you can browse through all its contents as if it were Google Play, Malavida, or any other official app store. Download HappyMod Android for free to open up an interesting and ever-expanding world, especially when it comes to video games.
What is HappyMod, how it works, and what is it for?
HappyMod APK is an application store from which it is possible to download over 30,000 MODs for apps and video games for free. Once inside it, we will find apps of all kinds, but the truth is that its content is focused on video games, which is what is most in demand when it comes to finding alternative or patched versions. In other words, the MODs found here are variations of the originals but, for example, they offer us power-ups for our games, items such as skins, or exclusive unlocked content.
How HappyMod works is similar to any other app store. Once you have found the app you want to MOD, choose the version you are interested in (each one may offer different features), and download it to your device. It is possible, however, that the original app may have to be uninstalled if the mod has the same package name.
In short, download HappyMod free to find a quicker way, especially in video games, to get certain improvements for your character or get benefits that require investing too much time or money.
Which is the original version of HappyMod?
There can be some confusion as to which is the original version of the app depending on which Internet forums are consulted, as is often the case with apps that cannot be found on Google Play. But rest assured, the original version is the one you can find on Malavida, as our editors are in charge of manually testing apps and verifying that the one on our website is the official version. You can be sure that the HappyMod APK you can find here is the version obtained from the original developer.
How to download and install HappyMod APK
To download HappyMod Android for free, follow these steps:
- Make sure to enable the option to download apps from unknown sources in Settings.
- Go to HappyMod's page on Malavida.
- Tap the green Download button and confirm the action on the next screen by tapping Download again.
- Once the download is finished, all you have to do is install it. Open the file in the folder where you saved it (you can do this from the browser) and follow the steps shown on the screen to complete the installation process.
How to activate HappyMod
The app works without any activation process. In other words, you can download mods as soon as you open this app for the first time. However, it is possible to log in as a registered user to have certain functions to control our activity on it. To do this, simply tap the side menu at the top left and tap on login. We can register with a username and email or through Facebook. Once the process is completed, we can manage aspects such as the following:
- Phone number (optional).
- User reviews.
- Answers to messages and posts.
- Requests to the platform and other users.
- Uploaded files.
How to have HappyMod updated to the latest version
Checking if you have the latest version installed is as simple as pulling down the menu at the top left, which we mentioned in the previous point, and selecting the Check for Update option. Here, the platform will indicate whether or not we have the latest stable version. You can also go to the HappyMod page on Malavida, where you can always download the latest version of the app.
HappyMod’s main features and functions
These are the main functions and features offered by this app store for MODs and patched apps for Android:
- Over 30,000 MODs for apps and video games.
- Original versions of each app and video game.
- Different MOD versions.
- Content recommendations.
- Download manager.
- Button to share content in other applications.
- Easy download: just tap and wait for the download to finish.
- The content is split into different sections: PVP games, MODs, games, and applications. Both games and apps have subdivisions to categorize them even more.
- Manual search engine.
- Mini-games that can be played without downloading anything.
- Simple user interface design.
- Option to upload our own MODs.
- Option to rate apps, comment on posts, send, and reply to messages.
- Night mode.
- Notifications of completed installation and network interruptions.
- Available in several languages.
How to install an APK Mod from HappyMod
The process of installing an APK is very simple. Just go to the desired app or video game and download the MOD version you want by tapping on it. Once the process is finished, which we can control in the download section, the installation will be executed automatically. If it is the first time we do this, we will be asked if we want to allow HappyMod to carry out the installation of applications, to which we must answer by authorizing it from the Settings of the smartphone (the message itself will give us access). After this, the app completes the installation exactly like any other app store, and we will have it available on our device.
Best Game Mods available on HappyMod
This is something that depends a lot on each user, on what the user is looking for. However, it is true that in the main interface, we will find recommendations based on user demand and the quantity and quality of the ratings received by a MOD. Titles such as the GTA saga, Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Five Nights at Freddy’s, Battle of Warships, Geometry Dash, Stumble Guys, Dream League Soccer, Free Fire, PUBG, or eFootball are some of those considered the best game Mods on HappyMod, both by the critics and due to demand.
Comparison of HappyMod and Google Play Store: differences and similarities
If we compare HappyMod and Google Play, the main similarity between the two platforms is that we are talking about two application stores offering many apps and video games for Android devices. Both are also very easy to use since once you have selected the app in question, all you have to do is tap on the download button to download the file and install it.
As for the main differences, there are three main ones:
- Google Play offers apps provided by its official developers. HappyMod, on the other hand, offers content modified by programmers who, in most cases, do not have official authorization.
- Google Play's security standards are stricter, so there is more control than in HappyMod over all kinds of malware in the software it distributes.
- The number of apps found on each site also varies: while HappyMod offers around 30,000 MODs of apps and video games, Google Play has over 3 million for download.
Advantages and disadvantages of using HappyMod
Using an app like HappyMod Android has advantages, especially for gamers, who can find more content dedicated to video games. However, it also has some disadvantages worth mentioning:
- Patched applications and video games save investing time and money in obtaining items, powers, or premium services.
- Possibility to download different MODs for the same app or videogame.
- Content recommendations.
- MODs and patches for those apps and games that are popular right now.
- Unlike many official apps, there is no guarantee from the developers of the MODs that they will work properly.
- Although the platform claims that the software it distributes is safe, its standards for security and malware control will not be as precise and strict as those found when downloading apps from official or authorized sources.
- Nothing guarantees that downloaded MODs do not interfere in any way with user privacy. Indeed, official apps are not 100% safe either, but on this platform, it is easier to find apps that pose a risk.
- The platform is not free of advertisements.
Is it safe to use HappyMod?
In principle, using HappyMod is safe. It is a secure platform manually tested by Malavida's editors. However, the software downloaded from it may pose a security risk for malware infection or privacy interceptions in our communications. It is worth remembering that the controls carried out on the software are stricter in other software distribution platforms.
What's new in HappyMod 2023
The HappyMod team works continuously so its users can count on an app that is always up to date in functions and service stability. The latest changes introduced in the Android app are aimed at improving the user experience by adding new features or simply improving existing ones. In this case, the recent improvements that the app has received are as follows:
- Optimizations for large file downloads.
- Bug fixes.
Requirements and additional information:
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...
HappyMod Tips & Tricks