Eastern role-playing games can overwhelm Western players with a myriad of concepts and elements that we don't always grasp on a single screen. Harbingers, however, manages to make all these concepts complement each other in a surprising way.
Harbingers is a turn-based JRPG where dozens of historical characters such as Solomon, Joan of Arc, or Nikola Tesla are reinvented and redesigned in anime style and fight using their strength and distinctive skills. The goal: to save humanity from a zombie apocalypse.
As we have mentioned, Harbingers is a very complex game with dozens of elements. However, here is a summary of its operation and characteristics:
- You can fight with up to 100 warriors who are divided into four different Camps.
- Striking aesthetics and graphics.
- Each hero has different, more or less useful skills and personality, depending on the combat type.
- Fights and the search for resources can be played automatically, even when players are offline.
- You can form alliances with other players online and hunt the Zombie King in groups.
- Players need to arm attack, defense, and multiple class ships to provide the heroes with attribute bonuses.
- There is an arena mode where you can send the strongest characters to fight against other players and earn rewards.