Mark Zuckerberg is pouring loads of effort and money into Instagram. The photo-based social network is on the rise and its development team are working hard to offer us more and more options and to lure over more and more users. Its latest incorporation is IGTV, an option within the social network that allows us to film vertical videos that are longer than those of Stories and create a panel to bring in subscribers.
Although it's an option that can be accessed straight from Instagram's interface from a logo located on the upper right-hand side, we can also decide to download this standalone app to our iPhone or iPad if we prefer.
Options available in the IGTV app
Although this app is a newcomer and we expect it to continue growing and adding new features and possibilities, the new social network for long-play videos on Instagram is very promising. It already includes the following features that we consider more than enough to receive a positive response on behalf of the audience:
- Once we open the interface, the system will show us videos that we may be interested in according to our history of views and searches.
- We can follow any contacts we already follow on Instagram.
- There are accounts for private users and public celebrities.
- Unlike Stories, the videos are much more eye-catching as they occupy the entire screen and aren't limited to one minute.
- We can create our own video channel, similar to YouTube, and our followers can leave comments on our videos.
- We can modify the title and description of our videos.
- IGTV videos can be embedded on any blog or web.
- If we don't finish editing a video, we can save it as a draft to finish it later and publish it afterward.
- We can access interesting analytics about our videos, receiving information such as the number of likes or comments, the percentage of the video watched by our followers, and the number of views.
Thanks to these options, the videos published on this platform are at everyone's reach. However, IGTV, apart from offering us the videos of the users we follow, also shows us other popular or trendy videos to catch our eye and keep us on the platform watching video after video, something which YouTube also does. The truth is that the real target of this service is that the brands and influencers that already use Instagram to publish and promote themselves, switch over to IGTV to lure in more and more users.
What's new in the latest version
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.