You might not believe me but you can use the camera of your iPhone and iPad for other things apart from selfies to upload your latest poses to your social networks. Among the uses we can give our camera, we have to point out the possibility to transform our iOS device into a portable scanner with which we can digitize any document without requiring a device dedicated to such purpose or a multifunctional printer.
For such purpose, we'll need an application of the likes of iScanner - PDF Document Scanner with which we can scan any text or image (books, leaflets, notes, timetables...) and save the result on our phone in JPG or PDF format so that we can carry it around with use wherever we go, as it always synchronizes with several cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Box, OneDrive or Google Drive.
A powerful and fast pocket-sized scanner.
But it goes way beyond a simple scanner as it also incorporates file management functions so that we can manage all our folders, lock and organize documents and even edit PDFs, with the possibility to cut, copy and paste pages, as well as being able to sign documents electronically.
- Scan and digitize any text document or image.
- Automatic detection of borders of pages and text regions.
- Perspective correction and removal of shadows.
- Save the scans in PDF or JPEG format.
- Upload the digitized documents to the cloud, send them by email or share them by WiFi.
- Protect the scans with a password or with your iPhone's TouchID.
And the best thing of all is that all these functions aren't available in a paid Pro version, but in a totally free edition that you can also find in APK format for Android smartphones and tablets.