Why would someone want to download videos from YouTube? Specially, considering how easy it is to go to the web or access the application and watch whichever ones you want almost immediately... But, what if you haven't got an Internet connection at a given moment? Then you might find it interesting to get hold of an Android application of the likes of iTube, with which you can download any audiovisual content from the video portal owned by Google.
Much more than a video downloader.
You probably think that there are loads of applications on the market to download videos. Then, why should I choose this one? Well, because it goes way beyond the features of a simple youtube downloader, as is the case of Tubemate, to become a really complete multimedia player, with which we can create playlists with the audio from the downloaded videos and even listen to music with the app running in the background while we do other tasks on our smartphone or tablet.
How to download videos and music from YouTube with this application?
Using the app to create our own collection of videos and songs on our phone is quite simple. You've only got to follow these instructions:
- Step 1: Search for music videos by name or artist through the search engine or discover songs from the recommended charts (top 100, alternative, blues, hip-hop, pop, rock, etc.).
- Step 2: Click on the cover of each song to play it. If it's the first time you play it, a notification will pop up telling you that the video is downloading for the first time.
- Step 3: Press on the symbol represented by a star to add the video in question to an already existing playlist (you can also create new ones) or to your list of favorites.
- Step 4: In the tab represented by a clock you view all the videos you've searched for and played, and that you can play once again even offline (they're marked with the word cached in red).
- Step 5: Now simply select any of the downloaded videos to watch it and listen to it offline or hit the Shuffle button to play the playlist in random mode.
But, where are the videos stored? You're not going to find them in your download folder. Basically, this application stores on cache the videos you search for, so they're stored to be played later on, even when you don't have an Internet connection. Thus, don't be worried if this app occupies too much space on your smartphone, as that weight also includes the cached videos.
Where can I download iTube for free?
Many users ask why doesn't iTube exist anymore or why has it been removed from Google Play. Well, I'd ask a different question: is it legal? Any app that can be used to download content protected by copyright from the Internet obviously isn't, and if the downloads originate from YouTube, Google's video portal, nobody should be surprised that the guys at Mountain View decided to take it down from their official app store.
But that doesn't mean it no longer exists. Luckily enough, you can still get hold if the APK installation file on its official website, accessible through our download link. Yes, that huge green button that says Download. That's where you can find this application.
What's new in the latest version
- Minor bug fixes.