Pokémon GO meant a real milestone in augmented reality applied to mobile video games and the game development studio Ludia Inc. intends to find its space in this genre with a game of the same style, swapping Pokémons for dinosaurs: Jurassic World Alive.
Search for and collect dinosaurs like in Pokémon GO
As a new member of the Dinosaur Protection Group (DPG), our goal is to save dinosaurs from extinction by means of the following actions that will be carried out on an interface created by means of Google Maps, just like in Niantic's major hit:
- Explore a world full of dinosaurs by means of map geolocation technology.
- Get hold of all sorts of dinosaur species with a drone capable of collecting DNA samples.
- Create new creatures by combining that DNA to improve their skills and abilities.
- Fight with a team of dinosaurs to defend ourselves against different threats and compete online in 7 different arenas.
- Visit supply points to get hold of coins and ammo for our drone.
Although it sounds really interesting, for the time being, this Jurassic World game has quite a few limitations: its performance needs an improvement, it takes too much time to load, and the AR mode only works on Samsung Galaxy S8 and above, and Google Pixel running Android 7.0 or above. Furthermore, if you want to access the online options, you have to pay a 10-dollar monthly subscription which isn't at all cheap. However, let's give it an opportunity to see how it evolves in future updates.