Kat MP3 Recorder is a simple application that provides, from a single panel, all the tools necessary to start recording from different sources: microphone, CD/DVD player, Internet radio, etc.
- Record sound from any input device it detects.
- Inclusion of the usual options offered in this kind of program: record/stop and pause/resume the recording.
- Shortcut to the recorded files to delete and play one of the audio threads obtained.
- Configure the detection of silences.
- Select the recording format between different types: MP3, OGG, WMA, VOX, AU or AIFF, as well as their features (sample frequency, numbers of channels or compression rate).
One of the most interesting functions of the program is the one called "Schedule", from this module it is possible to program the recording of any radio broadcast over the Internet for a specific date and time, just by inputting a URL.