Initially launched as part of the first KOffice project, the most important office suite for KDE, Kexi is now integrated within Calligra, a pack of applications that replaced KOffice.
The alternative to Access for Linux KDE
Kexi was designed as a way of creating databases visually, using a system that is very similar to that used by other applications like Microsoft Access, FileMaker or even Base (the database application included in OpenOffice and LibreOffice).
As such, Kexi is really a frontend for SQL databases, offering support for the use of the SQLite, MySQL and PostgreSQL database engines.
- Visual creation of tables, queries and forms.
- Support for 'objects' allows you to save images in multiple formats.
- Import and export CVS data.
- Support for simple database templates.
- Advanced migration tools.
- And more...
Therefore, if you want to have the best tool to create databases for KDE, you only have to download Kexi for free.