Kinect, the device developed by Microsoft, has meant a new step forward in the creation and development of video games. Now, all those developers interested in working with the functions provided by Kinect have the possibility to use Kinect for Windows SDK, with all the drivers and APIs necessary to develop applications that use this innovating device.
Create your own applications for Kinect
Kinect is a movement, image and sound detection device that extends the possibilities of the X-Box 360, the great multimedia and game console developed by the Redmond company. Kinect for Windows SDK includes several tools:
- Controls to use the Kinect sensor on a computer using Windows 7.
- Development interface for applications and device interfaces together with all the technical documentation: more than 100 pages on how to use this software and detailed tutorials to make it easier to learn how to use it.
- Source code samples.
Kinect for Windows SDK is specially recommended for developers that are used to working with C++, C#, Visual Basic or Visual Studio 2010.
- Access the data flow of the depth, color and microphone sensors.
- Scan the skeleton image of one or more people to create applications based on movements.
- Possibility to process the audio with a new noise suppression and echo cancellation system, identify the sound source and integrate it with voice recognition functions.
With these utilities in your hands you will be able to start developing applications compatible with Kinect. Even though commercial applications can't be created with it, Kinect for Windows SDK is ideal for personal use and for educational functions. Download Kinect for Windows SDK for free!