Halfway between Instagram and Facebook, Kwai - Video community is an app that works like a social network where you can follow other users, be followed, and upload your favorite short videos that you can obviously enhance before publishing them.
Taking into account that this app is tremendously popular in Asia, so you might know too many of the people or celebrities that use it, its best function is definitely its editor: crop your videos, add filters and effects, prepare presentations, and share them with your followers once you think you've completed your masterpiece.
Each time you see a publication you like, you can hit the heart-shaped button, interact with the user or share it on other networks. We have to admit that the contents of the app are of Japanese style, with plenty of geeky stuff that may not be appropriate for all kinds of users. But if you love Japanese customs, you're going to adore this application.
What can I use Kwai for?
- Make short videos and presentations.
- Explore the videos of the people you follow or meet new people in your area.
- Share your videos on other platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LINE, YouTube, etc.
- Incorporate music from your library to the videos you create.
- Funny effects such as bubble and hearts.
- Add stickers, filters or photo frames.
You don't even need to create an account since you can access Kwai using your Facebook or Twitter credentials to start socializing. Even if you don't speak or understand Japanese, with English you'll manage to get around.