There are many different situations in which you might need a program to transcribe audio to text. Students or conference attendants can make the most of these tools capable of converting any speech into text.
Its simplicity makes it a perfect option.
Among these programs we'll find Listen N Write, a free application that turns out to be a simple multimedia player equipped with a text editor. Its interface is very simple and it's divided into two modules: one to play the audio file, and the other to edit the text. Therefore, the user will have a very simplified system to transcribe whatever he's interested in.
- Multimedia player with advanced playback options.
- Text editor with basic functions to give a text the desired format.
- Smart pause option for dictations.
- Possibility to record audio in WAV format.
- Insert timestamps into the text.
- Add text markers.
- Vary the playback speed.
Therefore, if you need to transcribe a large volume of text, this is a reliable and simple option to go for.