The Government of India has proposed that all citizens of India should have an identification number that collects personal data such as name, telephone number or address as well as biometric data such as fingerprint or iris. Its name is Aadhaar, and in July 2017 over 90% of the population already had its own (this is over one thousand one hundred and sixty million people).
The app for the management of Aadhaar
If you have Indian nationality and you are registered you should download mAadhaar for Android. This is an application that lets you manage different services through your identification and have an electronic copy of your identification.
These are the main characteristics offered by the application that provides access to the different online services associated with the identification number:
- Available in English and all main Indian languages.
- The main panel from where you can request reprints of Aadhaar, update your address, verify the number or email, and more.
- Customized section for each user.
- Possibility to block the number and biometric data.
- Possibility to register up to 3 user profiles.