Hiking is an ideal way of doing sport and enjoying nature at the same time. And like all sport, you can monitor it so that you can have a record of your activity to allow you to improve your performance. MapMyHike is a complete application that will record all the details of your walks for later viewing and to help you improve your physical condition, keep up your motivation and even find new routes to explore.
One mission: to get the best out of yourself.
You can see your position on a map and follow all your activity in real time thanks to your mobile. Save new routes in favorites and share them with your contacts: the MapMyHike user community will help you to explore new places and to discover new routes. It’s an ideal app for beginner and seasoned hikers alike.
- Works not only for hikers but also for runners, cyclists and other sports.
- Receive audio information through the app about rhythm, distance, calories burnt, and meters of ascent and descent.
- Data imported from hundreds of different devices.
- Monitor the wear of your boots and get alert when they need changing.
- Works with Android Wear, Google Fit, Fitbit, Garmin…
- Take part in challenges with other users of the app.
If you decide to user Premium you will have access to even more functions such as personal training, a way of making a work routine adapted to your needs to help you improve your physical condition quickly. You can also monitor your heart in detail.
The only thing to bear in mind is battery life: the app clearly needs to be running in the background and that can increase power use. Don’t lose sight of your remaining battery life.