So many match 3 puzzle games have appeared over the years on Android and iPhone due to the success of Candy Crush that they now need some kind of plot or storyline to stand out from the rest of titles of the same nature.
You might not like so much fuss because, at the end of the day, the plot can slow down the gameplay, but as we can't have everything just as we like it, here comes Matchington Mansion.
Solve puzzles and redecorate your new home
The game starts with an inheritance that you're going to receive in the form of a mansion. But you're going to have to slowly refurbish it and redecorate it to improve its conditions. For such purpose, you're going to have to solve puzzles about combining three or more identical elements to unlock pieces of furniture and all sorts of decorations for the different rooms.
Furthermore, throughout the game, you'll have to interact with different characters, such as your friend Tiffany the decorator or Rex who wants to get hold of your new property. There are also other situations in which you'll have to deal with your neighbors or even spy on them... so, it might be too much trouble just for a simple match 3 game.
Solve panels to decorate your new mansion.
These are some of the features you'll come across:
- Solve puzzles and unlock objects you can swap and combine.
- Collect hidden objects and reveal the mansion's mystery.
- Meet odd people and interact with them to follow their stories.
- Unlock hidden areas of your house and earn rewards such as new rooms and more decoration options.
- Get hold of power-ups for the panels and carry out all sorts of combos.
- Log in via Facebook and share your scores online with your friends.
With regard to cheats, hacks, and other tricks, you can get hold of a few APK mods to apply hacks to the game but, as always, they'll make it easier, maybe too easy.