The European Middle Ages were intense in terms of political change and conflict. A good part of the culture of the countries that make up Europe began to take shape then, with political wars between royal families, religious groups, or conquering parties. The strategy game Medieval Wars takes players to that time and continent and is inspired by real military campaigns.
War in Medieval Europe
In this strategy game, players must lead an army and conquer neighboring nations by commanding troops and crushing the enemy. It has a board format, where players move units over like you would on a board game.
Developers have tried to provide it with some realism, which is why it is inspired by real military campaigns, such as the Hundred Years War, the Viking raids in their expansion throughout the continent, the Crusades, or the conquest of Muslim territories in the Iberian Peninsula by the kingdoms of Castile and Aragon.
The following are the main features and functions you will find in this game:
- Multiplayer and solo game modes.
- Different historical campaigns with dozens of missions.
- Four independent historical settings that cover the entire continent.
- Seventeen different military units.
- Different countries in which to play.
- Several game modes to play games of different duration.
- Many different maps.
Without a doubt, this is a game that will delight fans of the classic strategy genre and who are interested in games with some historical rigor.