One of the dangers of using social networks is how these platforms treat our data. Facebook, Twitter, and other similar apps use the information that we provide them in their own benefit we don't really know what they do with it and how it affects our privacy.
A social network that reinforces the user's privacy
MeWe intends to become a social network as popular and dynamic as the above-mentioned but without bothering anyone with adverts and without spying on its users. That's why one of the key aspects behind the development of this app is its security. These are the main features offered:
- Share status updated with pictures, videos, and GIF animations.
- Share your publications with specific groups.
- React to any post with likes and emojis.
- Share ephemeral contents privately.
- Control who can view your publications thanks to the privacy options available.
- Chat privately with any contact or with multiple contacts at the same time or in a group, whether they are mobile or desktop users.
- Get up to 8 GB of online storage for free.
The issue here is whether there's space for another social network and whether any newcomer is capable of overthrowing Facebook. We'll just have to wait to see.