At present, there's a wide range of TV channels and on-demand audiovisual content platforms thanks to the Internet: Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime Video... The truth is that it can be quite hard to decide on one or the other. However, for those of you that can't or don't want to pay the price to subscribe to any of these services, the choice isn't so difficult as you can always try out downloading Mobdro for Windows.
The free Android TV platform now also on PC
If you don't know what Mobdro is all about, we'll tell you that it's an application to watch TV channels over the Internet totally free of charge. Here, we'll find all sorts of contents sorted by categories: television channels, news, programs, movies, sports... The contents are split into classic TV contents or channels that broadcast via streaming 24/7. In other words, we won't be able to choose what to watch like on an on-demand service as it's more similar to traditional TV.
These are the main features of this service:
- Browse through a huge catalog and find TV and video channels from all over the world, sorted by topics and languages. Use the search tool to find the content that suits your interests and needs the best.
- Organize the videos and filter them according to different criteria.
- Easily share videos with other users.
- Access the Premium version and watch contents without adverts and enjoying the possibility to download videos to be able to watch them whenever you want without an Internet connection.
Although we have to warn you that this Mobdro for desktop computers isn't exactly a native development for Windows as there's a trick to it: it's the Android APK that you can run on one of the best emulators of this mobile operating system available for PC: BlueStacks. However, there's also another possibility to use on your computer and that's downloading Kodi and installing its add-on. In any case of these two cases, you'll be able to make the most of this program on a large screen much more comfortably than on a smartphone or tablet (which would force you to use Chromecast or any other similar system to stream those contents to a Smart TV).
What's new in the latest version
- Improves audio and video synchronization.