Amazon’s Fire TV Stick doesn’t offer a very easy solution to install apps that aren’t in its official store. Mobdro is one of the most demanded tools and to be able to install it we have to follow a process to that of installing unofficial applications on Fire TV which runs on its own version of Android and with its own app store:
- Step 1: turn on the device and go to the menu Settings > System > Developer Options and enable the options ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources. That step is identical to the one on your smartphone to be able to install APKs.
- Step 2: go to the home screen and go to the search logo of the Amazon App Store. Write Downloader in the search engine and download that application.
- Step 3: now go to your computer and search for the Mobdro download link here at Malavida. Copy it and go to Bit.ly to shorten the URL.
- Step 4: open the Downloader app on your Fire TV Stick and write the link you’ve obtained on Bit.ly.
- Step 5: now click on the Download button and wait for the download to finish. Run the installation to be able to use Mobdro.
Another possibility is using the ES File Explorer app:
- Step 1: download this application to your Fire TV Stick.
- Step 2: now download from Malavida the APK of Mobdro to your PC or Android and upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive or whatever other cloud storage service you use.
- Step 3: open ES Fire Explorer on your Fire TV stick and choose Network/Cloud in the menu on the left-hand side. There you’ll have to log into to the cloud storage service in question to access your account.
- Step 4: browse through your files to find the APK of Mobdro and download it.