Although it may sound like a contradiction, retro is in fashion: remakes of old movies, reboots of TV shows from the 80s', vinyl albums... anything that smells vintage is now a trend once again. And that's also applicable to the field of photography, as proven by this Android camera app called PolyCam that intends to bring back the famous Fujifilm Instax cameras but now in APK format.
The idea behind this photo app is to be able to take shots with a retro aspect as if we took them with a Polaroid camera from back them thanks to its huge collection vintage effects and filters, as well as an interface that intends to emulate this kind of camera. As couldn't be otherwise, it also integrates a complete photo editor so that we can modify however we want, not only the photos taken at that moment but also any image saved in our gallery.
- Over 25 retro-looking filters.
- More than thirty different grain effects and light leaks.
- Over a dozen frames for Instax paper.
- Possibility to apply all those filters and effects live to the lens of our camera.
- Option to change the aspect ratio and size of the photos.
- Editor to adjust parameters such as the exposure, brightness, saturation or contrast.
- Activation of the flashlight and front camera by tapping a button.
- Possibility to acquire more tools by means of in-app purchases.