If you're into Pokémon, it won't take you too much time to get used to Monster Strike. It's a similar RPG in which your mission is to collect monsters and put them to fight against other players to defeat them during the battle and increase your collection of incomprehensible creatures. Yes, this is the kind of game that's a hit in Japan but also in other Asian countries and that well end up invading the West even more efficiently than Godzilla.
It doesn't stand out for its originality but that might be part of its success.
Your creatures will obviously evolve and increase their level progressively as they acquire new skills in each battle. You can also combine different monsters to create even stronger creatures that will fight like never seen before. It's game that anime fans and gamers fond of Japanese digital culture are going to love. By the way, this video game is developed by Yoshiki Okamoto, the same brilliant mind behind Resident Evil 2.
These are the main features and functions that you'll find in this video game in which you'll have to become something similar to a monster trainer:
- Find and collect over a thousand different types of monsters.
- Take part in online battles with teams of monsters each.
- Collaborative mode in which four players control the monsters of a team at the same time.
- Invite your friends to join in the action by means of direct messages.
- Wipe out powerful rivals by means of a simple cooperative battle system.
- Make combos to attack your enemies.
- Get hold of coins to purchase new items from the store as you win combats.
There are two ways to improve your monsters. The first one is being an expert in battles between strange creatures. The better you are, the more money you'll win to spend in the store. On the other hand, if you're useless like us and you don't want to waste too much time practicing, you can always go to the store an spend your real money on equipping your creatures with the latest technology.