The file system used by Apple in its computers' hard drives is known as HFS. This is why you may encounter problems when it comes to using a disk with an NTFS file system, the one used by Windows. The solution to avoid all kinds of problems of this sort is to download NTFS Mac.
Total access to disk partitions created in Windows
NTFS Mac adapts the operating system of your Mac to be able to use disk drives ruled by the NTFS file system, allowing access to partitions created in Windows. This simplifies working with these drives and information can flow without obstacles, even under intense workloads. Once NTFS Mac is installed, the program works as a complement to the operating system, detecting the presence of NTFS automatically.
- NTFS transfer rate similar to those of HFS.
- Total read and write access to NTFS drives.
- Compatible with Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard (32 and 64 bit), Lion and Mountain Lion.
- Create and repair NTFS partitions.
- Support for non-latin characters.
- Compatibility with disk partitions created under all versions of Windows between 3.1 and Windows 7.
Don't hesitate to download NTFS Mac, because it will enable you to use disk drives configured with NTFS file systems without the default limitations you would usually find on a Mac.