In the field of social networks, there's life beyond FaceboOK and Twitter, as you probably already know. Furthermore, instant messaging apps are adapting more and more new features, turning them into hybrids between chats and social networks.
An all-in-one social network
And this is the line followed by OK, bringing together in a single application different functions and social services that connect us to our friends and acquaintances in different sectors. That's why this app offers us a personal space where we can create our profile (name, photo, personal details...) and communicate with other contacts.
It brings together different functions that make it an appealing social network.
- Write publications updating your status or with personal thoughts on any issue.
- Share multimedia elements: photos, videos, and live broadcasts just like FaceboOK Live.
- Find contacts and add them to your network: search for old schoolmates, acquaintances, loOK for people and groups with similar interests to yours, search for phone contacts or amongst your VK contacts.
- Check your news feed.
- Send private messages or create public conversations.
- Discover music: discover new songs, listen to different radio stations, add music to your favorites or add users with similar interests.
- Check the activity on your profile from the notifications area: receive notifications for friendship requests, gifts, group activities, games...
As you can see, this social network brings together features and functions of other platforms as popular as FaceboOK, VK, Twitter, YouTube or Last.fm, combining some of the most interesting aspects of the latter. We'll have to wait to see if it's capable of gaining as many users as they have despite arriving quite late to this sector with so much competition.