Can you watch movies for free on Android without feeling that you are breaking some intellectual property copyright law? Yes, you can, with applications like Old Movies.
OK, it is true that you are not going to find the latest Avengers movie, or the flavor-of-the-month superhero, or the umpteenth sequel of Fast and Furious. But if you are truly interested in the cinema then you are surely interested in its origins and in the classics. That is exactly what is offered on this application thanks to the fact that many old films are now in the public domain and, therefore, can be shown freely without running the risk of breaking any copyright law.
This means that you can take a stroll through the cream of the crop from Classic Hollywood and discover and learn what cinema was like in its early days, which is important if you want to know how cinematographic language has evolved since its origins to the present day.
These are some of the features offered by this application:
- Hollywood movies from 1910 to 1960.
- Discover actors and directors like Chaplin, John Wayne, Gary Cooper, Marlon Brando, Orson Welles, Alfred Hitchcock...
- Browse the different categories into which the movies are sorted.
- Play them right on the app without having to download any other application.
- Compatible with systems like Android TV and Chromecast.