Although different mobile phone and Internet operators offer us all sorts of offers with loads of GB and free minutes to browse the web from our smartphone, everyone knows that there's nothing like a free WiFi network (in terms of price, because in terms of security it might not be such a great idea...). That's why an app of the likes of OpenSignal 4G WiFi Maps & Speed Test can be so useful.
The application to find free WiFi networks in your city
This application offers us a map where we can locate public and free connections to wireless networks. It does so in a very simple manner: obtaining our position by means of our GPS coordinates and comparing them to the database where it stores all the different access points that have been shared by other users.
This means that we can view them all on a map to see which ones are nearby and even receive indications to get to them just as if you were using Google Maps or any other navigation app.
But that's not the only function offered by this tool because we can also check coverage apps to find out where are the best and worst places for a signal, and carry out speed tests on the WiFi to which we're connected to know the bandwidth available.
All in all, these are the main features we'll find in this app once we download the APK to our mobile device:
- Check where your signal is coming from thanks to its compass.
- Upload and download speed tests.
- View on a map the location of phone towers and free WiFi routers.
- Check 2G, 3G, and 4G coverage maps.
- Share your discoveries with other users.
- Statistical reports about signal qualities.
- Install a wallpaper that changes according to the intensity of your signal.
- Store all the data on your SD card.
Download this app right now and make sure that you've always got the best Internet connection for your smartphone or tablet.