Transcribing is a boring and difficult task. You usually sit in front of your computer with the multimedia player running, a blank notepad to write down everything you hear and understand before rewinding hundreds of times.
A free open source transcription webapp.
That was until now because thanks to oTranscribe there's a much easier way to transcribe audio and video files. It's an online tool that offers the user everything you need from a single browser window.
- Forget about having to switch windows between World and VLC.
- Smart hotkeys to give format to the transcription and control the playback.
- Player built into the webapp.
- Load an audio file from your hard drive or a video from YouTube.
- Interactive timestamps to be able to browse through the transcription.
- Possibility to export the transcription in plain text or Google Docs.
- Transcription saved automatically in the browser.