Those who love outdoor sports and nature will surely find useful an app like Outdooractive, an app that provides maps with routes to practice disciplines such as cycling, hiking, or mountaineering.
Routes around the world in a large open-source map database
This application offers its users access to a huge database of routes for different disciplines, supported by an open-source mapping service where the user community has been including all kinds of data of interest: from the route itself to images, directions, or elevations.
It combines leisure and outdoor exercise, but without forgetting fundamental aspects such as safety, to plan your adventures without leaving your phone at home. These are its main functions and features:
- Access to a global network of trails: cycling, ski touring, mountaineering, among others.
- Detailed route information: elevation profiles, tips, images, and more.
- Route planning with the possibility of consulting photos and comments from other users, as well as including your own.
- Recording of own routes to consult data such as distance traveled or time spent.
- Synchronization with Google Wear OS devices.
- Perform challenges between users in different disciplines.
- Share location with friends and family using the BuddyBeacon feature.
- High-resolution map visualization.
- Local travel guides with information on places of interest, accommodations, events, and ski resorts.
- Directory of mountain refuges.