Football and video game fans always mark out on their calendar a couple of important dates: the launch of the installments of FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer. As usual, Konami isn't going to make things easy for EA Sports, due to all the important updates that feature in PES 2014 - Pro Evolution Soccer, which guarantee a hard fight between both franchises.
A new graphic engine for the beast
PES 2014 comes along with a new graphic engine called Fox Engine, conceived and created for the upcoming video game generation, and that has set itself up as the main innovation of this edition. Thanks to this engine, PES 2014 recreates even the slightest details of the atmosphere of great football matches, also incorporating improvements to the animations. The game also brings along greater playability that improves the gaming experience quite significantly.
With PES 2014 there will be hardly any differences between your computer and a real stadium.
Many more new features...
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 comes with other important innovations that determine the game's development and behavior:
- Trueball Tech: a system that provides sublime ball touches to hardcore players. First touches, greater accuracy when controlling the ball or being one step ahead of the defender are going to be less complicated, allowing you to enjoy a spectacular playing style.
- Team Play: wider range of team tactics, allowing you to choose the most appropriate for the different areas of the pitch or game situations.
- The Core: a system that provides greater realism to certain playing situations, such as wall behaviors or how goalkeepers react to free kicks.
- Motion Animation Stability System (M.A.S.S.): improvement to the body combat between players to win the ball. Each player reacts to these combats depending on his physical conditions and the direction and strength of the fouls received.
- Heart: the player's mentality comes into play. The personality or emotional aspect of a player can affect his game and fitness, his teammates can stand up for him during different game situations in order for him to feel backed.
- PES ID: the user will recognize each player by the way they run, dribble or celebrate goals. It's all about providing the virtual players with the identity that defines them in the real world.
More simulation and less arcade for its five game modes
All these updates bring us a football game with improved player control and greater team play, as well as a much more realistic ball physics, in which simulation gains ground on arcade. Everything is present in PES 2014's five game modes:
- Match: single games between players or against the computer.
- Football Life: you can play the Master League offline, being able to manage your squad by signing and transferring players.
- Become a Legend: you¡ll control a player who you'll have to help evolve to become a successful football star.
- Competition: play the most important football tournaments in the world such as the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Europa League or the Copa Libertadores, or configure a tournament to your own liking.
- Training: train and refine your skills to improve in all playing aspects.
All these innovations join the already well-known features of this fantastic game developed by Konami. Download the demo of PES 2014 and discover the improvements in terms of football realism that arrive on your computer.