Every year, football fans from all over the world eagerly wait for the month of August for the ball to start rolling on the pitches of the most important stadiums. Everyone wants to play with the new signings, new managers, new kits... and, of course, to live the confrontation that has become a classic equivalent to an FC Barcelona - Real Madrid, Liverpool - Manchester United or Boca - River: PES vs FIFA.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017-2018: making your choice harder
Yes, we know that it still doesn't include all the official licenses of players and teams unlike the game developed by EA Sports. However, it does incorporate a few, such as Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Corinthians, Valencia, Atlético de Madrid or Colo-Colo. In any case, the new installment released by Konami comes along with quite a few updates and improvements that make it a must on your PC. Those that play on other platforms such as PS3, PS4 or Xbox can also enjoy such a great video game.
The same question of every year: which one's better? PES or FIFA?
So, what has changed in PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer regarding PES 2017? These are its main new features:
- More realism when it comes to dribbling, hitting the ball, and set pieces. A clear upgrade to the gaming experience, making it more playable.
- Improved presentation with new menus and real-life images.
- Integration with PES League so you can compete in it, including myClub.
- Make the most of the multiplayer mode more than ever thanks to the online cooperative features.
- The Master League undergoes changes to the transfers and improvements including preseason tournaments and new functions.
- The graphical engine has been optimized to offer new lighting, models, and enhanced player animations, more realism in their facial traits and body movements.
- 3 vs 3 matches.
The ultimate gameplay
It wasn't easy but the simulator has managed to improve the gaming quality it's capable of offering. The speed has been increased to make it more similar to the pace of a real match and strategic feints improve the control of the ball possession, as well as blocks to protect the ball. And all those tiny details of the best players in the world that can break any defense are also very important, certain touches that are only possible for world-class players. The ball can be controlled with several body parts thanks to Real Touch+, therefore, the game becomes more unforeseeable than ever.
PES 17-18 comes along with significant realism improvements.
In turn, the visual realism has been improved to recreate a real-life atmosphere for both daytime and nighttime matches. The Camp Nou and the Signal Iduna Park have been chosen as the models to recreate the atmosphere of any stadium, taking over 20,000 different elements that take place in any match.
You've only got to download the demo and analyze the game for yourself to decide whether to reserve the game on Amazon or Steam to download it as soon as it goes on sale.