Yet another year, it's time for an exciting battle to find out which is the best soccer game for Android. Leaving Dream League Soccer to one side, which could well be the third party in this fight, it looks like we're going to have to decide between PES 2019 - Pro Evolution Soccer by Konami and FIFA 19 by EA Sports. Basically, the same as every other year.
After landing on PCs and video consoles through Steam, PES 19 finally arrives on Android to bring a new football season to our smartphones and tablets. And it does so slightly later than FIFA that has been around for at least two months, so it's going to have to hurry up if it wants to recover all the space lost in favor of its biggest rival. And it looks like they intend to do so by means of the innovating live update feature by means of which all the transfers and player changes are updated on a weekly basis to make sure all the information is always up to date.
That will definitely contribute towards the great realism that the developers of Konami intend to reach, using the Unreal Engine 4 in the game's development which offers us an unmatched and unprecedented level of detail and fidelity to the date, with improvements to the ball movement, with highly distinguishable physical traits and skills, and customized animations for the over 8,000 players in Pro's database.
PES is getting better and better year after year
It's hard to imagine how to improve PES 2018 and all the new features introduced by Konami a year ago. For such purpose, its developers have decided to attack one of the greatest weaknesses of the Japanese franchise: its licenses. So they haven't been able to reach the standards of FIFA and neither have they been able to acquire the rights of the most renowned tournaments in the world but this year they're introducing 12 new licenses for leagues such as the Russian, Belgian, Scottish, Danish, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Argentinian, Chilean, Thai, Chinese, and Japanese leagues. At least we can carry on enjoying all those Andrés Iniesta skills.
Furthermore, once you download its APK and all the additional information files (we recommend you to use a WiFi connection because the game is huge and there's no such thing as a Lite version), we can enjoy the following features:
- Different game modes such as Local Match, Online Match, Local League and Friend Match, depending on the amount of time you have available.
- New legendary players: you can play with stars from the past such as Beckham, Zico, Romario, Cruyff, Nedved, Gullit, Maldini, and Khan, as well as new stars added every week.
- New Featured Players limited edition based on the real-life performance of the football players over the weekend, with detailed statistics and the possibility to improve and acquire new skills.
- Get hold of the special version of players of great teams, including collaborating clubs such as FC Barcelona and Liverpool FC. No wonder Coutinho is the image of this year's game.
What's new in the latest version?
- Data of clubs, players, and managers corresponding to the beginning of the 2018-2019 season.
- 12 new licenses for European, Asian, and American leagues.
- New legendary players that are updated every week.