To be able to change our eye color in Photoshop, we have to carry out the following process described in these eight simple steps:
- Step 1: once you’ve opened the image that you want to edit, go and choose the elliptical marquee tool to be able to select the region of your iris. Do so by pressing Shift to use the selection tool to add a new selection without losing the first one we've made.
- Step 2: click on Q to enter the quick mask mode that will turn all unselected regions red. That will help us to see better the area we’re going to work on.
- Step 3: choose a large brush and select the black color to paint the iris and pupil.
- Step 4: press Q once again to close the quick mask mode.
- Step 5: now create a new layer without losing the selection we've made previously.
- Step 6: now choose the color you want for your eyes as the main color to work with.
- Step 7: choose the paint bucket tool and paint the selected area completely.
- Step 8: choose the new layer and change the blending mode to Hue.
Bear in mind that to carry out all these changes, it’s better not to save the project on the original photo. It’s advisable to create a new layer and select it to work on it to carry out non-destructive edits. Otherwise, we would be changing the color of the entire original photo and the chances are that we might not be happy with the results and want to go back.