With Photoshop, there are many different aspects of a photo that can be edited or enhanced. Here, we’ll try to offer you all the basic edits and how to carry them out:
How to adjust the brightness and contrast of an image with Photoshop:
- Step 1: on the menu’s toolbar, select Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast.
- Step 2: adjust the brightness slider to modify the picture’s general brightness.
- Step 3: adjust the contrast slider to increase or decrease the picture’s contrast.
- Step 4: now click on OK to apply the adjustment to the selected layer.
How to adjust the color vibrance of an image with Photoshop:
- Step 1: go to the menu’s toolbar and select Image > Adjustments > Vibrance.
- Step 2: adjust the sliders to set the values of the image to your choice. With the vibrance slider you can modify the colors, varying them to correct them if they look too dull. With the saturation slider we can increase the vibrance of all the picture’s colors.
- Step 3: now you only have to click on OK.
How to adjust the hue and saturation of an imagen with Photoshop:
- Step 1: got the menu’s toolbar and select the option Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation.
- Step 2: adjust the hue sliders to modify the colors, with the saturation slide you can alter their vibrance, and with the luminosity slider, their brightness.
- Step 3: to modify a single color with the sliders, go to the drop-down menu in the top left hand corner of the Hue/Saturation dialog box and choose a range of colors. Adjust the corresponding slider
- Step 4: click on OK to end the editing process.
Remember that choosing adjustment layers offers you more flexibility when it comes to editing and allows you to carry out non-destructive edits, therefore, we recommend you to create a new empty layers to carry out the changes before starting each edit.