If you're looking for a drawing and coloring tool for Linux, Pinta is one of the best alternatives around. This open source program that's based on Paint.NET is very complete and easy to use.
Main options available
Painting with this tool is really simple. But don't get mixed up! It isn't an application for children. Among the applications included, we have to point out:
- Brushes and pens for freehand drawing.
- Tools to draw preset shapes such as ellipses, rectangles, lines...
- Dozens of filters and effects.
- Different elements of an image grouped by layers, thanks to which they are easier to edit.
- History of changes, that allows us to undo any action.
Drawing on your PC is easier than ever.
All in all, whether you want to get hold of an application like Paint for Linux with which you can draw and paint freely, or if you want to enhance a photo with a simple kind of Photoshop, this is the tool you have to try out.