Pixelmator, despite not being as popular as Photoshop, allows its users to edit any image making use of tools that, as well as being simple to use, offer professional results, allowing any user to modify and enhance a photo to their own liking, without requiring great knowledge about this issue.
The most attractive image editor for Mac.
Noteworthy functions included in Pixelmator
The program includes many editing options, among which we can point out the following:
- Tools to prepare images for websites like Web Colors Plugin or Save for Web.
- Collection of enhancement, cropping, drawing and picture tools, allowing the users to choose among dozens of different options for each task.
- Intuitive layer management. Allows us to add or move layers with a single click of the mouse.
- Includes a pack of filters, among which we will find tools to edit the color, the saturation, the contrast or to apply all kinds of artistic effects.
- Integration with Automator, so that we can program repetitive processes as easy as possible.
- Support for more than 100 different image formats among which we will find the popular PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, EPS or GIF.
- An interface that is eye-catching and clear for the user.
If you still haven't decided on an image editing application for your Mac, you have to try out Pixelmator, probably the best alternative to Photoshop.