QR codes aren't state-of-the-art technology but they can be quite useful. For instance, to entertain yourself at the bus stop trying to scan the code that's meant to tell you when the bus is going to arrive, although it will probably get there before you manage to do so. However, it's also very interesting to be able to read the barcodes of products in the supermarket as you manage to get hold of loads of information found in online databases. QR Reader for iPhone is the best app on the market to read QR codes. Well, that's at least what its developers say.
The most simple and easy-to-use QR reader, and 100% free.
What can I do with this application?
The first thing you've got to do is download this tool from the App Store and install it on your iOS device. Once you open it, you'll have to grant permissions to access the camera and the gallery of your phone. Then you'll be able to access a sort of camera which turns out to be the code scanner. There's also an option to access your gallery because you can also read the codes on images or photos that you've already saved.
Scan QR codes, barcodes, puzzles, business cards, and documents.
These are the main functions and features of QR Reader:
- QR code scanner. The latter usually take us to a web page or an automatic file download.
- Barcode scanner. Scan the code of any product and the app will provide you with all the information available in its database: ingredients, materials, type, price, stores where it's sold...
- Business card reader.
- PDF scanner. Transform your iOS device into some sort of digital scanner.
- Puzzle scanner to muck around for a while.
- NFC scanner (only available for iPhone 7, iPhone 7s, and iPhone 8).