With the evolution of WhatsApp as the instant messaging app par excellence, present on 11 out of ten mobile phones, this communication channel is not only used to keep in touch with family and friends. As of lately, it's being used for all sorts of things, and one of them is to keep mothers, fathers, and teachers in touch to control the homework of their children and their classroom performance.
So it's a simple solution but there are other tools conceived specifically for these purposes as is the case of Remind: Simple Classroom Communication that helps teachers to communicate with students and parents in order to send reminders, school tasks, assessments, grades, and even encouraging messages, leaving aside the classic aspect of a teacher that's full inaccessible for any pupil.
The WhatsApp for the academic world.
- Quick communications between parents, students, and teachers.
- Customized group messages, individual messages or for an entire school.
- Schedule reminders for events or delivery deadlines.
- Text messages that can be automatically translated into over 70 different languages.
- System that tells who has read your message and who still hasn't read it.
- Possibility to attach voice notes, PDF files or photos to each message.
How to use Remind?
You just need to download the APK from Google Play (or the iOS version from iTunes if you're using an iPhone), log in with your Google credentials, and configure the app depending on whether you're a teacher or student. In the first case, you can create classes that your students can join, and in the second case, you can become a member of those classes that your teacher invites you to. From there on, you'll be able to establish fluid bi-directional communications.