Although certain users are rather doubtful about their usefulness, maintenance and optimization apps for Android have become quite trendy. The latter are supposed to be capable of checking the status of our smartphone and carrying out the correct maintenance of the device without the user requiring too much knowledge about the operating system.
If you've got a Samsung Galaxy phone, the South Korean giant preinstalls on its devices an application called Samsung Device Maintenance that we're introducing you today. If you're rather wary of the security of this kind of application, and you're also the proud owner of a Galaxy S8, a Note or you're thinking of buying and S9, you're better off trusting an application developed by the Asian manufacturer even if others of the likes of Clean Master or CCleaner are much more popular and complete.
Functions of Samsung's maintenance app
On an interface with a design fully integrated into the manufacturer's customization layer, the maintenance app for these high-end phones offers us all the options necessary for the correct usage of their components and battery:
- Information about our smartphone's status with a rating from 0 to 100.
- Optimize the smartphone with one single click.
- Analysis of the battery's usage according to the applications running in the foreground and background.
- Identify apps that consume more battery than necessary.
- Automatically detect and remove useless files that occupy the device's memory.
- It allows us to extend the battery of our device even by means of the energy savings and maximum energy savings modes (the latter removes the access to data).
- Automatically free RAM memory.
- Protect the device in real time against possible malware attacks.
- Includes widgets and an Edge panel so that the user can comfortably follow the status of his device.