Creative writing requires a certain organization to put all our ideas in order because many stories have several simultaneous plots that intertwine with other stories, as well as loads of characters that have to be introduced. For such purpose, there are apps that can help us to organize all these concepts such as Scrivener for iPhone.
A text processor to organize your ideas
We're talking about an application that's a solid and professional alternative to text processors of the likes of Microsoft Word. Mainly because it allows us to create our work in the order of our choice, organizing our ideas and contents by blocks, as well as offering us a format that visually helps us to improve our productivity. This distribution and organization of contents is based on the typical drag & drop system.
The main features of this application are the following:
- Complete tutorial to learn how to use it.
- Clear separation of texts within each project.
- Import your work in formats of the likes of Word, RTF or plain text, and use them on other platforms and apps.
- Easily divide a text into different sections.
- Apply the format of your choice to your different texts.
- Quickly browse between sections and texts.
- Apply preset formats or customize them.
- Introduce comments, footnotes, links or featured elements.
- Insert images in documents.
- Customize the keyboard.
- Apply the structure of your choice at any point of the creative process.
- Follow ideas with tags and statuses.
- Apply customizable icons to each section.
- Share your work with other users and devices.
- Sync your work with your Dropbox account.
However, you can't download Scrivener for free as it's a tool developed for professional purposes. So we're sorry to tell you that if you were looking for a free or trial version, you won't be able to find it and you'll have to risk yourself purchasing its paid version.