Online movies and TV shows services have become very popular all over the world, and Africa is no exception to this phenomenon. In the African continent, they have Showmax, a service from the Netherlands that offers online television on demand and content that is, in many cases, produced in-house.
The online movie and TV series platform for Africa
This app works like any other legal platform we have reviewed, such as Netflix and HBO. This means that users subscribe and gain access to a catalog of titles that are organized by categories and can be streamed over the Internet or downloaded to watch with family and friends, anytime, anywhere.
Although the app operates in different parts of sub-Saharan Africa, it also offers access to users who live in other countries of Europe and America. These are some of the apps’ features:
- Wide range of TV series, movies, children's programs, documentaries, and other shows.
- Support for Google Cast.
- Receive recommendations about the content you might enjoy.
- Data consumption management.
- Possibility to access the app from most countries in sub-Saharan Africa and also if you live in Spain, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Australia, Canada, and the United States to name just a few.
- Download up to 25 movies or episodes to watch offline.