If you need to convert a design into a printable project by a 3D printer, a software like Slic3r may be useful since it can convert your design into GCode format, which is the format used by 3D printers.
Convert designs to GCode format for 3D printing
This is a program that offers a workspace where the user will find everything necessary to prepare a model for printing, either entirely or by pieces. It has a graphic user interface as well as a line to enter commands to specify the required instructions to be executed individually or in batches.
These are the main features of this software:
- Convert 3D models into GCode format.
- Get previews of projects to print.
- Advanced settings to customize project management.
- Customize GCode files with conditional logic.
- Print on multiple machines at once.
- It applies different configurations to different parts of the project.
- Compatible with different models: RepRap, Ultimaker, Makerbot, Rostock MakerGear M2, Mach 3, Bukobot, and more.