Any worthy national transport company must have a decent mobile application. And France couldn't be the exception, and its Société nationale des chemins de fer français, in other words, SNCF, has its own great official app.
This software for Android that has been translated into English, Spanish, and German, apart from obviously being available in French, is extremely useful if we're going to travel to France and use its huge public transport network. Ideal to travel France from North to South or even just to visit Paris.
A useful tool to use the French public transport for both long and short distances.
Once you download the APK, you'll soon see that it comes along with a simple interface, as usual in this kind of application, with a series of sections from where we can manage all our tickets and journeys.
Much more than an app to check the train schedules
These are its main functions:
- Find the destination of your journey on the home screen by searching on the map or using the search tool.
- Purchase one-way tickers or round trips.
- Scan physical tickets.
- Manage your tickets from the app without having to print them.
- Check information about the trains: departure time, platform, arrival time, length of the journey, services...
- Receive notifications in the case of any incident such as a delay.
- Section to include the stations you use the most to know the timetables of the trains that interest you.
- Bookmark searches as favorites and get back to them whenever you need to.
- Access other means of transport and routes apart from trains.
- Different channel to contact different company services such as lost objects, claims and complaints or customer services.
- Shortcut to the emergency line on 3117.
- Possibility to customize the contents of the app.
But not only does it offer us information about the French railway service as it also offers other nearby means of transport (rental cars, buses, underground...), it comes along with maps for different kinds of urban transport and information about the traffic conditions.