The French railway network covers almost the entire totality of the country's continental territory and, therefore, is considered as an excellent means of transport to travel all over France. The public corporation SNCF is in charge of managing the network and thanks to the app they have developed for mobile phones, both Android and iPhone, travelers will find plenty of advantages when it comes to using this transport service.
The app for the French railway system
It's an application that offers us the possibility to purchase any kind of ticket for any kind of journey. In other words, it doesn't matter if there's no direct train between Marseille and Lille: the application will immediately look for the best connections between trains but also with other public means of transport, whether buses or car rental services.
Want to travel from Paris to Hendaye? From Nantes to Toulouse? Purchase your ticket here.
You can also make the most of other functions such as being able to check timetables and other kinds of details. These are its main features and functions:
- Calculate the perfect route from your location using GPS-based geolocation functions.
- Register your physical tickets by means of the QR code reader.
- Check the timetables of the trains of your interest.
- Customize the application with your most common journeys.
- Enable alerts to receive real-time notifications about any incident that may affect your trains.
- Check the real-time location of your train.
- Check which seats are free on long-distance trains.
- Manage your loyalty cards.
- Contact the customer services.
- Call the emergency line.
The application works with suburban, intercity, regional, local, and long-distance trains in France, but also with connections with surrounding countries such as Germany, Belgium, Switzerland...