FIFA Ultimate Team or FUT, as it's also known, has adapted to the classic card-based combat mode to football. It allows you to build your team using player cards on which each one of them has certain skills and allows the users to face each other in matches that put their skill to build a well-balanced team and squad to the test.
In Soccer Manager Arena for Android we'll find a game with a similar approach and in which, as gamers, we'll have to collect player cards to build a competitive team. The difference here is that not only will we face up to our rivals in the theoretical manager mode but also in practice as it comes along with an interesting simulator.
Over 100 real-life players to complete your pack of cards
The game offers us about a hundred real-life players from different teams of the likes of Arsenal, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid, Real Madrid or Barcelona. Each player has his own traits that will have an impact on different aspects of each match and will be noticed on the pitch.
We'll be able to control the matches from a 2D point of view, tapping the screen each time we want to pass the ball to another player, win back the ball or shoot on goal. It's obviously not a soccer simulator at the same level of FIFA or PES but that doesn't mean that it's not entertaining.
Combine your cards and build a competitive team.
- Build decks of cards with real-life players that are classified as good players, excellent players, and elite players.
- Create your own strategy with different formations.
- Play matches in real-time.
- Win matches and receive trophies that allow you to rise in the ranking to unlock new levels and play matches on different scenarios.
- Online multiplayer mode: play against friends or random users from all over the world.
- Unlock new card packs.
With regard to hacks and cheats, we've got the possibility to download an APK mod but it's the same story as always: the game loses quite a lot of its charm.