There are several options available on the market for setting up a Socks server on Android and for allowing other users to access the Internet through it. But there are not too many that are free and also don't require root permissions. Socks Server Ultimate ticks both boxes and also allows us to configure SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 proxies in order to guarantee user anonymity when using the server.
One of the simplest options for running a SOCKS5 proxy on a phone.
- Socks server which allows the setting up of a proxy.
- Set up access to the server using an IP or user name.
- Run the server on SSL/TLS using your own certificate or the built-in certificate.
- Option for proxy chaining: chain together multiple proxies one after another.
- Set up the server so that it starts up automatically when you connect from a specific WiFi.
- Allows automatic dynamic DNS updates.
- Mulitple settings for customizing the server just as you please.