Among the most popular card games in the world, we definitely have to point out Solitaire. It's a game that was born in the 18th century but that gained plenty of popularity less than 30 years ago when Microsoft incorporated it to Windows. Ever since then, it has always been a must on the desktop of millions of PCs all over the world and hundreds of versions have been developed for different platforms.
Mobile devices, whether smartphones or tablets, aren't an exception and both Android and iPhone offer us excellent games such as this one developed by Mobilityware for both platforms.
The Klondike version of Solitaire
That's the version that became famous on Microsoft's operating system and that you'll be able to play in this app: no Chinese, Spider, Pyramide or anything like that. In any case, you probably already know how to play this game also called Patience: use all the cards in the deck to build the four rows of cards sorted by suits starting off with aces and moving upwards. You'll have to use the 7 lower rows, provided that you can, to place cards in numerical order, alternating colors, just like a flush or a straight.
In this version, you'll also be able to challenge other players in real-time online mode, which is surprising due to the nature of the original game but that will allow you to find out who's the best player in the world.
One of the best versions you can download of this popular card game for iOS.
Furthermore, you'll also be able to make the most of the following features and functions:
- Take part in daily challenges.
- Customize the wallpaper and the back and front of the cards with thematic packs.
- Victorious mode in which there's always at least one correct way of solving each panel.
- Adjust the game's difficulty by drawing one or three cards at once.
- Two kinds of view: vertical and horizontal.
- Save your game in the case of getting interrupted.
- Unlimited undo function.
- Finish the game with the autocomplete option.
- Play with two different kinds of scores: standard and Vegas.
- Check your game stats.